Thursday, January 15, 2009

I hope so too...

The Grey Lady wants your hopes and dreams...or at least one of them....

I worked with the New York Times on a project called, "I hope so too", that asked citizens from across the country to pick a top priority for the Obama Administration:

"If you had to pick one thing that Obama should focus on, what would it be?"

Check it out here.

I was in Los Angeles at the time, and sent in ~20 interviews. NYT drew from a pool of 14 states worth of interviews. I think it's surprising that the top issue was not the economy. Also surprising is that among the hundreds of "hopes", all of them were boiled down to a finitude of 29. I would have thought that there would be more variety. Does that mean we're too herd-bound to think outside the box? Or does it mean that the things we face are so urgent that people are more focused than normal?

You can add your hopes to the mix in the comments section...in fact NYT asks that you include hopes that aren't included in the matrix of 29. You can also vote for your favorite hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment